Criminal Defense Attorneys in Minnesota
Have you been arrested or accused of a crime? Then you need to act fast to protect your rights. Facing criminal charges can cause stress, disruption and uncertainty, leaving you and your family with a heavy burden. At Dudley and Smith, P.A. we strive to help you through this difficult time while working towards a positive resolution. Our Minnesota criminal defense lawyers will serve you with hard work, preparation and aggression. Minimize the negative impact a criminal accusation can have by contacting Dudley and Smith, P.A. as soon as you have been arrested.
Preserve Your Rights by Acting Fast
You should not go through a criminal prosecution alone. Our Minnesota criminal defense lawyer can offer assistance, guidance, support and legal representation in the following arrests:
- Felony, gross misdemeanor, and misdemeanor offenses
- Traffic crimes such as DUI/DWI (Minnesota), OWI (Wisconsin), SWI (snowmobiling while intoxicated), BWI (boating while intoxicated) and criminal vehicular homicide
- Violent offenses such as assault, robbery, manslaughter, murder and homicide
- Drug crimes such as possession, manufacturing, and trafficking
- Sexual offenses such as criminal sexual conduct, prostitution and pornography
- Federal offenses such as mail and wire fraud, white collar crimes, Internet crimes, identity theft and bank fraud
- Probation hearings, expungements, orders for protection and appeals
Facing the Legal System
Being arrested can be terrifying, even if it is for something that you did not do or for something minor. You are not expected to understand the legal system, which is why you may feel lost and confused. The best thing to do is remain calm and let a qualified lawyer be your voice during this time and take away the pressure. While you focus on keeping positive and moving forward, Dudley and Smith, P.A. will handle the rest.
What is at Stake?
Even a minor offense can impact your life forever, making it difficult to secure a job, obtain a loan, or attend school. Whether this is your first offense or your fifth offense, the best defense is aggressive representation. If you are convicted of a crime you could be looking at:
- Prison time, anywhere from 90 days to life in prison
- Hefty fines, anywhere from $300 to $1 million
- Suspension or revocation of your drivers license
- Restitution to the victim
- Therapy courses, rehabilitation, etc.
- Community service
- Mandatory registration as an offender
- A permanent mark on your criminal record
Minnesota Criminal Defense Lawyers
Allison J. Rapp Fredrickson (Formerly Allison J. Gonzalez) spent much of her last ten years practicing criminal defense, on a low income panel for Ramsey County and on private cases. She knows what it takes to defend clients and is familiar with the Judges and prosecutors in and around the Metro area, making her comfortable in the courtroom and able to effectively resolve cases.To speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney, contact Minnesota law firm Dudley and Smith, P.A. today at 651-291-1717.